OPENCAYUGA OPEN WIRELESS NETWORK
- A wireless network that enables anyone to connect to the Internet using a notebook computer, or mobile device with a supported wireless network adapter.
- A free service intended for the students, faculty, staff, and guests of Cayuga Community College.
- Partially funded by the Technology Fee paid for by Cayuga students.
- Separated from Cayuga’s internal network; the only College resources accessible from OpenCayuga are public resources such as Cayuga’s website or myCayuga.
- Up to 60 mbps download limit is dedicated to OpenCayuga Wireless Network
OpenCayuga is an open, unsecured wireless network. This means that any unsecured data sent between your computer and the network is not automatically encrypted, and it is possible that someone could view it. Secure data, such as on websites that begin with https, is encrypted before being sent by your computer, and is reasonably safe from eavesdropping.
Connection to OpenCayuga will require a laptop or personal Wi-Fi enabled equipment such as a phone or tablet. In addition, the end user may have to follow a multistep process in order to connect and then log into OpenCayuga. Those instructions can be viewed by clicking the link below:
- Cayuga OpenWireless Instruction Sheet (PDF format)
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X at least 10.8, or mobile OS
- Processor: Intel or AMD 1 ghz or greater
- Memory: 1 gb or greater
- Hard drive: 2 gb free space required
- Wireless card: a/b/g/n/ac compatible wireless card required