Admission to the Nursing Program is a two-application process. Applicants must fill out the Admissions application and a Nursing Admission Application. Completion of these two applications does not guarantee admission to the program.
NOTE: If you have already attended Cayuga and filled out an admissions application, you do not need to fill out the admissions application.
The postmarked deadline for your application and supporting materials (see below) is January 15, 2020, for the Auburn and Fulton campuses. Refer to program requirements and deadlines for more information.
You are encouraged to first enroll in the Liberal Arts and Sciences/Humanities and Social Science program, which provides you with the opportunity to complete prerequisites and select required courses for the nursing degree. This plan allows three years to complete the Nursing program.
NURSING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a nursing information session.
During an information session, you will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, students, and Admissions representatives.
|Monday||October 7, 2019||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Saturday||November 9, 2019||10:00 am||Student Lounge|
|Wednesday||October 9, 2019||4:00 pm||Room F167|
|Saturday||November 2, 2019||1:00 pm||Room F201|
NURSING PROGRAM APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
To view the following PDF files, you will need to Adobe Reader, a free download.
The Nursing program has its own specific application form and process. The online application will be available in October 2019 and has a deadline of January 15, 2020. In addition, the following pre-requisites must be completed and proof submitted by the postmarked application deadline to be considered:
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Algebra math proficiency:
1. Testing into Math 102 or higher on the Cayuga placement exams
2. Completion of Math 099 or higher with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
3. Have taken Math 099 or higher at another institution
4. Completion of pre-calculus or higher in high school with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college biology
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college chemistry
- Minimum cumulative GPA or overall high school average of 75% or 2.5
- Pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam. It is recommended that only students who have completed all the prerequisites take this exam.
- Two professional references
NURSING APPLICATION FORMS
Nursing applications for Fall 2020 will be available October 1, 2019.
ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM: STEPS AND DEADLINES
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a Nursing Information Session.
- Technical standards are abilities and behaviors that a nursing student must be able to perform to function in a safe manner. It is essential that students of nursing possess and maintain the following functional requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Admission to the Nursing Program is a two-application process. Applicants must fill out the Admissions Application and a Nursing Admission Application. Completion of these two applications does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Download the Professional Reference Form to be used for your professional references submission.
- January 15, 2020, is the postmark deadline to apply for Fall 2020 enrollment for the Auburn and Fulton Campus.
- The pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by the postmarked deadline. Exams will be administered beginning in December (see below).
- Study resources and practice tests are available for purchase through ATI TEAS® at www.atitesting.com or the College bookstore for approximately $25.00. A copy of the ATI TEAS Study Manual: 6th Edition is available on reserve in the Cayuga library.
- All applications will be considered competitively.
- Applicants will be notified of the acceptance decision in March for Fall enrollment.
- Applicants who are not accepted must reapply to be considered for enrollment the following year.
NURSING ENTRANCE EXAM
The Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by January 15, 2020 for Fall 2020 admission.
Read the Nursing Entrance Exam Information Sheet for important directions about purchasing an exam code and scheduling a testing appointment.
|Auburn/Fulton||Monday||December 2, 2019||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Tuesday||December 3, 2019||4:00 pm|
|Auburn/Fulton||Friday||December 13, 2019||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Monday||December 16, 2019||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Wednesday||December 18, 2019||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Friday||December 20, 2019||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Friday||January 3, 2020||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Monday||January 6, 2020||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Wednesday||January 8, 2020||10:00 am|
|Auburn/Fulton||Friday||January 10, 2020||10:00 am|
All tests will take place at:
Cayuga Community College: Auburn Campus
Center for Academic Success
197 Franklin St
Auburn, NY 13021
Cayuga Community College: Fulton Campus
Center for Academic Success-Learning Commons
11 River Glen Drive
Fulton, NY 13069