INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS RECEIVING GI BILL BENEFITS
You must apply for your education benefits at the same time you are applying for admission to Cayuga. You may either apply online at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ or visit your local VA Office for assistance. Enrollment Certification is sent by the Registrar’s Office once you are registered for classes.
To receive two credits for Physical Education, a copy of your DD-214 must be on file at the College. Submit a copy to Lisa Clark in the Auburn Registrar’s Office or Jo Ann Harris in the Fulton Center for Student Engagement office.
If you have prior college credit that you wish to apply to your current degree program, you must submit official transcripts from the military and any other previous institutions to the Registrar’s Office at either campus.
If you are seeking a tuition deferral, please stop in the Registrar’s Office in Auburn or the Center for Student Engagement office in Fulton to sign a promissory note. Depending on the type of benefit you receive, you may be required to file for financial aid.
Changes in enrollment are reported to the VA Office in Buffalo by the Registrar’s Office (credits, curriculum, transfer credit, dual degrees, and withdrawals).
Verification of monthly class attendance may be required, depending on the type of veteran’s benefits you are receiving.
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military personnel
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”)
- Approved for Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success
- Signed the VA’s Principles of Excellence for serving veterans and service members
- Utilize the Federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- No Admissions application fee
- Awards college credit for passing scores on CLEP exam
- Awards college credit for passing scores on DSST exam
- Award college credit for military training and experience according to the ACE recommendation guidelines
- Customized student orientation program for military students
- Academic advising
- Financial aid counseling
- Transition Assistance
- Accommodations for student veterans with disabilities
- Dedicated social space for gathering (e.g. a student lounge) reserved specifically for military service members and veterans
- Campus/social networking events planned specifically for veterans
For information on Veteran’s benefits, contact the following individuals:
Lisa Clark, VA Certifying Official
Jo Ann Harris, VA Certifying Official
Assistant Director, Community Education and Workforce Development