NETTUTOR ONLINE TUTORING SUPPORT
NetTutor is a 24/7 online tutoring service available for free to Cayuga students for Cayuga class support. Although NetTutor tutoring is limited to 3 hours per month per student, online tutoring services are also available to meet your academic support needs. NetTutor uses whiteboard technology, while online tutoring sessions with Cayuga’s Learning Commons – Academic Support professionals and peer tutors are through Zoom. Learning Commons – Academic Support and NetTutor online tutoring are available for most subjects.* Learn more about all the tutoring services available to Cayuga students and determine which are best for you.
* NetTutor tutors are not currently available for GIS, sports management, and telecommunications courses.
HOW TO ACCESS NETTUTOR
NetTutor is available in Brightspace. To access this free, helpful online tutoring service (up to 3 hours per month):
- Click on the Brightspace link on the top left of the college website.
- Log into Brightspace.
- Open the Online Student Orientation.
- Click on the Content tab at the top of the page.
- You will find the NetTutor link listed as an option.
- Click on the NetTutor link to get started!
Your instructor may also choose to make NetTutor available within your course in Brightspace.
VIEW SAMPLE TUTORING SESSIONS
WEB BROWSER RECOMMENDATION
To access NetTutor, it is recommended you use Mozilla Firefox. There are compatibility issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Terry Kupp
Director of the Learning Commons – Academic Support