Office of Institutional Research & Planning (OIRP)
OIRP compiles and reports official, accurate, objective and timely data to external agencies and internal stakeholders.
OIRP will be recognized as an exemplar institutional research office that plays a critical role in advancing the institutional mission and student success. OIRP will facilitate a data-driven college culture by serving as the college’s resource for timely, high quality, user-friendly data and analysis to support informed college-wide decision making, assessment and strategic planning.
OIRP values precision, objectivity, data integrity, accountability and efficiency.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) published the AIR Statement of Ethical Principles which was approved in 2019. This document guides the work practices of OIRP. OIRP staff members will act with professionalism and integrity by:
- protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality when collecting and disseminating information;
- acting as responsible data stewards;
- providing accurate and contextualized info;
- seeking to be fair and transparent;
- avoiding conflicts of interest; and
- making work accessible to those who need the information to make decisions.
Areas of Responsibility
OIRP’s primary areas of responsibility include:
- submitting and validating externally mandated submissions (IPEDS, NYSED, NCH, SUNY) and benchmarking projects (NCCBP, VFA, AAUP);
- coordinating the resolution of fatal errors and warnings resulting from external submissions;
- serving as the official source for institutional data on all facets of college operations and related educational issues;
- extracting, verifying, analyzing and summarizing data for regularly produced internal and external reports and publications;
- providing data for grant proposal submissions and post-award reporting requirements;
- overseeing administration of internal and external surveys; and
- responding to ad-hoc data requests for internal stakeholders.
Once submitted, you will receive a copy of your request as confirmation that it was received by OIRP. Your request will be forwarded to your supervisor for approval before work commences. You will be notified regarding the approval status of your request as well as an estimated completion date if approved.
Please give as much notice as possible when requesting data with a deadline. OIRP strives to return requested data as quickly as possible, however, turnaround time for processing requests can vary depending on OIRP workload and the complexity of the request.
To follow is OIRP’s priority scheme that guides decisions regarding OIRP work assignments and completion dates:
- Priority Level 1: Non-negotiable external submissions, external submission support for other functional areas completing submissions, SUNY mandates/requests, benchmarking submissions.
- Priority Level 2: Information requested by campus decision makers pertaining to institutional priorities.
- Priority Level 3: Grant application and reporting support.
- Priority Level 4: Regular internal documents and publications
- Priority Level 5: Ad hoc requests related to institutional priorities.
- Priority Level 6: General interest ad hoc requests not related to institutional priorities, goals or initiatives.
Use your mouse to scroll through the submission calendar once opened.
College Only Content
This information can only be accessed using Cayuga Community College credentials.
The data and information included in this publication are intended to track institutional health and trends/peer comparisons related to standard performance indicators in higher education, and provide a reference for senior leadership and department managers when making strategic decisions.
2020-21 Fact Book Highlights
Enrollment reports present details of FTE and Headcount enrollment by student type and campus location and is compared to the same time period a year prior. Also included is the academic year FTE goal and the progress toward the goal.
Data Reports and Surveys:
Student Opinion Survey
Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)
Benchmarks and External Reports:
Student Achievement Measure (SAM)
Cayuga Community College Analyses and Internal Reports: