RAVE ALERTS AND WARNINGS
The Office of Public Safety is committed to informing the college community of any threatening, or criminal, activity that may occur in the area of the college grounds. Though Cayuga Community College, and the surrounding neighborhoods, are traditionally safe, crime can occur anywhere and at anytime.
Alerts and Timely Warnings will be broadcast on this website, Cayuga Rave Alert, and email.
Cayuga is among the SUNY campuses that use Rave Alert System as their notification system to notify college students, faculty and staff of possible emergencies.
Our Rave Alert notices are intended only for situations involving imminent danger to health or human safety. These may include severe weather, snow closings, utility failure, major road closings, fire or hazardous-material spill in the area, and bomb or weapon threats.
Every Cayuga student and employee has an account in myCayuga, the College’s information system. You can use your myCayuga account to sign up for our Rave Alert service. Then, if Cayuga Community College generates a Rave Alert notice, it will be sent to you via the phone (text) and/or e-mail contact information you provide.
It’s important to understand that while this service is intended to enhance public safety for the campus community, it does not represent a guarantee. Reliability depends on human factors such as accuracy and timeliness of information, and on technical factors such as cell phone network coverage, in-bound traffic on telephone land lines, and availability of power to the college server and your computer. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to take advantage of the Rave Alert service as a prudent measure while continuing to exercise normal attention to personal and community safety.
Rave Alert sends notices at no charge; however, your provider’s standard charges will apply for carrying text messages sent by Cayuga Rave Alert System.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR RAVE ALERT
A valid Cayuga e-mail address is required. If your Cayuga e-mail account has not been set up you may get an error warning stating you are not eligible to register. Once your Cayuga e-mail account becomes active you should then be able to sign up for the Rave Alert System.
- Login to myCayuga at: https://my.cayuga-cc.edu
- At the Log In screen, enter your Cayuga Username (example: jsmith14). You can also use your C-Number (example: C00012345), or your Social Security Number (no dashes). Then enter your Password. Click the Login button to continue.
- Once logged in, click the Personal Information.
- Click the Cayuga Rave Emergency Alert System link.
- Follow the instructions in myCayuga and enter your information as needed. Include your primary e-mail address and cell phone number.
- Review your information and click Continue to save.
- Once you submit your information, allow up to 24 hours for it to be entered in the Rave Alert database. Normally, entry is done once per day. Alerts will not be sent to you until your information has been entered in the Rave Alert database.