ADVISEMENT AND REGISTRATION
WHAT IS ADVISEMENT?
Academic Advisement is the ongoing process of learning about your course and degree requirements, understanding college policies and procedures, and developing and implementing a plan to meet your academic goals. This process involves meeting with your academic advisor each semester or more frequently as needed.
WHAT IS REGISTRATION?
Registration is the process of enrolling in courses for the upcoming term.
Each semester a period of 2 weeks called Advisement/Registration is set aside for current students to register for the next semester’s courses. Students are strongly encouraged to speak with their advisor to register for courses that meet degree requirements. Advisors post office hours of availability, and students are encouraged to sign up for an appointment.
CHECKLIST FOR SUCCESS
Download our Checklist for Success to get a head-start on the steps you need to take to have a successful semester.
Proper course advisement and registration are important parts of your experience at Cayuga Community College.
- Help students plan a schedule that meets program requirements and register for classes for the next semester
- Act as guides when students have questions about the college experience
- Provide career and transfer information
ACADEMIC ADVISING HANDBOOK
Download our Academic Advising FAQ Handbook to learn about academic advisement, course registration, policies, transfer planning and more!
WHEN IS REGISTRATION?
Current student advisement and registration for FALL 2021 semester begins on Monday, March 29 – Friday, April 9. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, find your advisor’s name and email address in myCayuga in the Academic Profile area located under the Student tab, or in your Degree Evaluation. Please email your Advisor with any questions.
HOW CAN I FIND MY ADVISOR?
You will be assigned an advisor early in the semester (before midterms). You will receive an email confirming your advisor assignment once the assignments are made. You can also find your advisor on your Degree Evaluation in myCayuga.
PREPARE FOR YOUR ADVISEMENT MEETING
- Check your myCayuga account to see if you have any holds that would prevent you from registering
- Schedule a time to meet with your advisor
- Complete a degree evaluation
- Look at the course schedule and put together a draft schedule to review with your advisor
- Review your enrollment checklist in myCayuga to see what your next steps are in the process