SELF REGISTER FOR COURSES
You are strongly encouraged to speak with your advisor prior to self-registration.
Don’t know your advisor? Log into myCayuga with your Username and Password. Click Student Services -> Display Advisor Information.
To view the following PDF files, you will need Adobe Reader, a free download.
CHECK PROGRESS TOWARD DEGREE
- Log into myCayuga
- Click Student Services → Student Records → Degree Evaluation
- Select a Term
- Contact the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement to request a change of major. If the Curriculum Information is correct, click on Generate New Evaluation at the bottom of the page.
- Select Program → Generate Request. By leaving the “Use In-Progress Courses” box checked, your degree evaluation will include currently registered courses.
- The first section lists Required Credits, Required Institutional Credits, Maximum Transfer Credits allowed and Overall GPA requirement.
- The next section outlines specific courses needed to meet degree requirements. A YES indicates successful completion of the course, or indicates that you are currently registered for the course, or have received a grade of “I” (in red). An “I” grade means you must complete all remaining course requirements by the end of the current semester. Failure to do so will result in a grade conversion to “F”
- A NO indicates you have yet to meet this course or requirement. Refer to the College Catalog for course descriptions and elective categories.
- Students enrolled in an A.A. or A.S. program will also see a section titled AA/AS Gen Ed Requirements. These students must complete all Gen Ed Requirements to receive an A.A. or A.S. degree. Refer to the College Catalog for a list of approved Gen Ed courses.
- Students matriculated in a program concentration will see a section for concentration requirements.
REGISTER FOR COURSES
- Log into myCayuga
- Click Student Services → Registration → Add or Drop Classes
- Select Term
- Click Class Search
- Search courses by subject, location, instructor, day or time
- Choose courses to Add to Worksheet
- Click Register
COMMON SELF REGISTRATION PROBLEMS
- Pre-req/Test Score – the required prerequiste(s) or test scores have not been met
- Repeat – this course has already been taken and you received a passing grade
- Duplicate – you are already registered for this course
- Time Conflict – you have registered for a course at the same time
- Closed Course – the course is full; you may choose to be added to the waitlist
- Maximum Hours – you have exceeded the maximum number of credits allowed; if you wish to enroll in more than 19 credits, division chair approval is required (Spring and Fall semesters only)
- Warning Message – One or more of your courses does not count toward your degree. Courses that are not required for your degree program are not eligible for financial aid. Click Registration Compliance Results to view courses not required for your degree program.
- Click Student Services → Student Records → Student Detail Schedule for a copy of your schedule
Students must have at least 12 credits of Financial Aid Eligible Hours to receive full-time financial aid.