LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES / MATHEMATICS A.S.
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer and continue their studies in a bachelor’s degree program in mathematics.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to transfer to a mathematics related bachelor’s degree program
- Apply Mathematical concepts and techniques in the problem-solving process.
- Apply technology in the problem-solving process.
- Fulfill general education requirements of the State University of New York.
A broad-based background in mathematics is excellent preparation for continued study in computer science, statistics, chemistry, physics, engineering, and other fields that use computer modeling.
A minimum of four years of high school mathematics required.
General Education requirements must be met before the AS degree will be granted. The curriculum listed on this page is required for an AS degree in Mathematics. Any exception must be with written consent of the chair of the Division of Natural and Health Science, Mathematics, and Technology.
|ENGL 101||Freshman English I||3|
|MATH 108||Calculus I||4|
|Health or Physical Education||1|
|ENGL 102||Freshman English II||3|
|MATH 201||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 203||Linear Algebra||3|
|General Elective DEISJ ***||3|
|Effective Speech: Public Address
Effective Speech: Group Discussion
|MATH 202||Calculus III||4|
|Computer Science Elective ****||3|
|Pre-History and Early American History
19th Century American History
America in the 20th and 21st Centuries
|MATH 212||Discrete Mathematics||3|
|MATH 204||Differential Equations||4|
|General Education World History and Global Awareness||3|
|Behavioral/Social Sciences **||6|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||64|