All adjunct faculty at Cayuga are required to provide a course outline to each student at the beginning of each semester. Adjunct faculty must provide a copy to the student and the division chair and/or department head. The course outline will be based on the college-approved course syllabus available from the division chair and/or department head.
THE COURSE OUTLINE (minimum requirements)
- Instructor Information – how, when, where students may contact the instructor.
- Course Description – overview of the class
- Course Objectives – observable, assessable outcomes
- Required Text and Materials
- Criteria for Grading – including all factors that could affect a student’s grade
- Course Policies – i.e., attendance, plagiarism, etc.
- Course Schedule
- Notice of Accommodations to Disabled Students:
Adjunct faculty members are encouraged to incorporate the following statement into their course outlines or to share it with students in some other appropriate manner.
Students with disabilities who may need accommodations in this class are invited to contact the Office of Disability Services as soon as possible to ensure that accommodations are in place when needed. Office of Disability Services:
Center for Academic Success
220 Library Building
315-592-4143 ext. 3027/3023
Arranging for accommodations is a confidential process.
Adjunct faculty members are encouraged to include a statement outlining their policy addressing academic dishonesty and plagiarism. Procedures for dealing with student misconduct are outlined in the Student Handbook and the Right-to- Know document.
Access to Turnitin.com, a subscription database designed to identify projects containing unoriginal material, is available by contacting the Library, ext. 2296.
Adjunct faculty should see their division chair for a model course outline.