COMPUTER HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DESIGN A.A.S.
This program provides foundation in the design in both computer hardware and software. It combines the electronics of hardware design with the problem solving and logic skills of software design. It offers exciting and rewarding opportunities in the rapidly developing computer hardware/software industry.
This curriculum provides the knowledge and skill in both hardware and software needed to enter a professional career in computer design.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Develop modular programs with proper documentation and error trapping
- Utilize methods involved in analyzing and designing information systems
- Effectively utilize the major tools of Microsoft Office Professional including spreadsheets, databases, word processing and presentation programs
- Understand electrical terminology and component recognition
- Interpret manufacturers’ technical data sheets on components
- Interpret electrical schematics
- Build, test, and troubleshoot Analog and Digital electrical circuits on breadboards
- Effectively communicate technical information to appropriate audiences
Entry-level positions for technicians in various fields of computers, and in programming, computer operations, communications, computer science, and automation.
Students planning to transfer should contact their advisor and/or a transfer counselor in the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement for more information. Early consultation to plan the most appropriate course sequence will optimize transferability.
|ENGL 101||Freshman English I||3|
|C.S. 120||Foundations of Computer Science||3|
|ELEC 101||Electrical Circuits||4|
|ELEC 105||Introduction to Digital Computers||4|
|MATH 104||College Algebra (or higher)||3|
|ENGL 102||Freshman English II|
|Or ENGL 270||Technical Writing||3|
|ELEC 102||Basic Electronics||4|
|ELEC 107||Fund. Of Microcomputers||4|
|CS 200||Programming in Visual Basic||3|
|BUS 225||Application Software||3|
|C.S. 080||Microcomputer Maintenance||1|
|C.S. 222||Programming in C/C++||3|
|Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Health or Physical Education||1|
|BUS 226||Advanced Microcomputer||3|
|C.S. 225||Intro to Networks||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||63|