CAYUGA COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
The 62nd Annual Commencement of Cayuga Community College will be held at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2016, in the Spartan Hall, 197 Franklin St., Auburn. The ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
Tickets are not required. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests can also watch Commencement ceremonies in the air-conditioned Irene A. Bisgrove Community Theatre via a live video feed on a large screen at the front of the auditorium.
Parking is available on the Auburn Campus lots. However, no parking is allowed along circular drives near the front and rear entrances.
NOTE: Cayuga Community College is a tobacco-free institution and is committed to providing its students, employees, and visitors with a safe and healthy environment. No consumption of tobacco or tobacco products is allowed on any college property or in any college facility; this includes all buildings, grounds, sidewalks and streets within the campus proper.
An important rehearsal for candidates will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 20 in the Spartan Hall Gymnasium. Rehearsal will take approximately one and a half hours, and individual questions about the ceremony will be discussed. All candidates are required to attend.
Fulton Campus students are encouraged to coordinate rides together.
APPLY FOR GRADUATION AWARDS
Students who completed graduation requirements and received their degrees between June 2015 and May 2016 are eligible to apply for graduation awards that are awarded by Student Awards Committee. View the list of available awards or you can download the application.
Application forms are available in the Academic Programs Office (M254) in Auburn or from Judy Campanella, Pat McCurdy or John Lamphere in Fulton.
Specific criteria apply to each award. Applicants should read the criteria carefully for each award to determine eligibility.
Applications are due in the Academic Programs Office (M254) in Auburn or to Judy Campanella or John Lamphere in Fulton by 12 p.m. (noon) on Monday, April 11, 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
PREPARATION FOR COMMENCEMENT
CAPS AND GOWNS
- Cap and gown orders may be placed at the bookstore on the Auburn Campus or Fulton Campus. There is no expense to the prospective graduate for the regalia if the order is placed before Wednesday, April 1. Students who order after that date will be charged a $10 late fee.
- Auburn Campus: Caps and gowns may be picked up at the College Bookstore between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, May 16 through Thursday, May 19, or at the Bookstore on Friday, May 20 immediately following the Commencement rehearsal.
- Fulton Campus: Caps and gowns may be picked up at the Fulton Campus College Bookstore between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, May 16 through Thursday, May 19, or at the Auburn Campus Bookstore on Friday, May 20 immediately following the Commencement rehearsal.
QUALIFICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
Students who have reached 40 credits (institutional and transfer) and have a minimum 1.75 GPA will be invited through the online student portal, MyCayuga, to participate in Commencement ceremonies. These are the minimum standards to make the application available. However, students will still need to meet the graduation criteria in order to earn their diploma. See Commencement FAQ for a listing the graduation criteria.
All prospective candidates must fill out the graduation application in MyCayuga in order to participate in Commencement. To do this, students will:
- Log into MyCayuga
- Click the Student Services tab
- Click the Student Records link
- Click the Apply to Graduate link
- Select a term to determine curriculum for graduation application
- Select curriculum and continue
- Select graduation date and continue
- Select ceremony attendance and continue
- Review diploma name and continue
- Review graduation application summary and submit request
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office.
Remember: Invitation to participate in Commencement ceremonies does not indicate that the student has completed degree and/or certificate requirements. Cayuga Community College Registrar’s Office will certify and award the following degrees only after all the requirements listed under “Degree Completion” have been met.