CAYUGA COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
Class of 2020 — you can still order your free cap and tassel as mementos of your time at Cayuga Community College! Complete the online order form.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), Cayuga Community College’s 2020 Commencement has been cancelled.
We know this is disappointing for our graduating students and their families. All of you worked hard to reach this point, and Commencement is a wonderful time when our campus community and your families celebrate your remarkable achievements. It is one of the most treasured moments of each academic year, but we feel this decision is the best way to help our entire college community stay healthy and safe.
You will still have a chance to cross the stage at a future Commencement. All students who earned their degree in December 2019, January 2020, May 2020, or the summer of 2020 will be invited to participate in the next College Commencement. These graduating students will receive a direct communication from the college with more information.
Again, we are sorry to make this announcement. Please stay healthy and safe, and we look forward to seeing you at the next Commencement.
NOTE: You can still order your free cap and tassel as mementos of your time at Cayuga Community College! Complete the online order form.
Graduates should arrive no later than 9:30 am. Line up will begin at 10:15 am and get underway slightly before 11:00 am.
Tickets are not required. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests can also watch Commencement ceremonies in the air-conditioned Irene A. Bisgrove Community Theatre via a live video feed on a large screen at the front of the auditorium.
Parking is available on the Auburn Campus lots. However, no parking is allowed in the circular drive near the front and entrance.
NOTE: Cayuga Community College is a tobacco-free institution and is committed to providing its students, employees, and visitors with a safe and healthy environment. No consumption of tobacco or tobacco products is allowed on any college property or in any college facility; this includes all buildings, grounds, sidewalks, and streets within the campus proper.
An important rehearsal for candidates will be held at 11 a.m. on the Friday before Commencement in the Spartan Hall Gymnasium. Rehearsal will take approximately one and a half hours, and individual questions about the ceremony will be discussed. All candidates are strongly encouraged to attend.
Fulton Campus students – Transportation to and from the Fulton Campus for the rehearsal will be provided based on student interest. Should there not be enough interest students are encouraged to ride share.
PREPARATION FOR COMMENCEMENT
CAPS AND GOWNS
- Cap and gown orders can be placed by emailing email@example.com.
- Orders can be placed from February 10, through March 27.
- There is no expense to the prospective graduate for the regalia if the order is placed before Friday, March 27. Students who order after that date will be charged a $10 late fee.
- The following information will be needed at the time of order:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Approximate height and weight
- The campus where they would like to pick up the cap and gown
- Auburn Campus: Caps and gowns may be picked up at the College Bookstore between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, May 11 through Thursday, May 14, or at the Bookstore on Friday, May 15 from 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Fulton Campus: Caps and gowns may be picked up at the Fulton Campus College Bookstore between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday, May 11 through Wednesday, May 13, or at the Auburn Campus Bookstore on Friday, May 15 from 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
QUALIFICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
Students who have reached 30 credits (institutional and transfer) and have a minimum 1.75 GPA will be invited through the online student portal, MyCayuga, to participate in Commencement ceremonies. These are the minimum standards to make the application available. However, students will still need to meet the graduation criteria in order to earn their diploma. See Commencement FAQ for a listing the graduation criteria.
All prospective candidates must fill out the graduation application in MyCayuga in order to participate in Commencement. To do this, students will:
- Log into MyCayuga
- Click the Student Services tab
- Click the Student Records link
- Click the Apply to Graduate link
- Select a term to determine the curriculum for graduation application
- Select the curriculum and continue
- Select graduation date and continue
- Select ceremony attendance and continue
- Review diploma name and continue
- Review graduation application summary and submit the request
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office.
Remember: Invitation to participate in Commencement ceremonies does not indicate that the student has completed a degree and/or certificate requirements. Cayuga Community College Registrar’s Office will certify and award the following degrees only after all the requirements listed under “Degree Completion” have been met.