SMALL CLASSES. GREAT PROFESSORS.
Learning happens best in small group environments that enable you to work closely with instructors and peers, and with outstanding, passionate teachers.
- You will NEVER sit in a classroom with more than 40 students.
- The College’s student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1. Most class sections have less than 20 students enrolled.
- Small classes allow you to know your professor and build a personal connection. You will not be a nameless face in the class.
- Small classes facilitate a more interactive experience; active learning strategies result in deeper learning.
- You will NEVER find a teaching assistant or a graduate student teaching a Cayuga course.
- Each faculty member meets or exceeds the College’s competency requirements. In fact, many have earned a doctorate in their respective discipline.
- Our faculty are committed to being excellent teachers; faculty focus on teaching and learning rather than research.
- When research IS part of the curriculum, the focus is on developing students’ understanding of research and the application of knowledge.