LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES:
HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES A.A.
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer and continue their studies in the humanities or social sciences, leading to a bachelor’s degree.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Liberal Arts and Science A.A. (Humanities and Social Science) students will:
- Demonstrate a general understanding of our human and natural environment
- Utilize methods of investigation and expression to communicate meaning to others
- Demonstrate proficiency in academic skills (research, critical thinking, problem solving) needed to master specialized fields
- Display a general ability to understand and evaluate information
- Demonstrate an awareness of diverse cultures
- Possess an awareness of various career options
- Continue your education at a 4-year institution
ENGLISH AND HUMANITIES
18 credit hours
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||18|
BEHAVIORAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
12 credit hours
At least 3 credit hours in: ANTH 101, ECON 201, ECON 202, PSY 101
3 credit hours in HIST 101, 102, 103, 104, or 105
6 credit hours in Behavioral and Social Sciences: American Sign Language, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS 111, GIS 205 only), History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology.
NATURAL SCIENCES AND MATHEMATICS
9-12 credit hours
To fulfill the mathematics/science requirement for the A.A. Liberal Arts degree, select one of the following:
- OPTION 1: 3-4 credit hours in math and two 4-credit hour science courses.
- OPTION 2: 3-4 credit hours in math and three 3-credit hour science courses
- OPTION 3: 6-8 credit hours in math and one 3-4 credit hour science course.
NATURAL SCIENCES: biology, chemistry, geology, GIS 101, and physics.
FOR OPTIONS 1 AND 2: MATH 102 or higher (except 115 or 116) will fulfill math requirement.
FOR OPTION 3: MATH 115 and 116 will fulfill math, General Education. MATH 101 or higher (except 115 or 116) will fulfill math requirement.
(MATH 101, BIOL 213, and CHEM 108 will not satisfy General Education requirements.)
LIBERAL ARTS ELECTIVES
9 credit hours
OTHER WORLD CIVILIZATIONS / THE ARTS
3 credits from either Other World Civilizations or The Arts
8-11 credit hours
Adequate to meet a total of 62 credit hours. No more than 6 credit hours total in MUSI 100 and Physical Education courses carrying fewer than 3 credits may be applied toward the A.A. degree. Students planning to seek a Bachelor of Arts degree should complete a foreign language through the intermediate level.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1 credit hour in Health
2 credit hours in Physical Education