ECUADOR ANDES & AMAZON ADVENTURE
CAYUGA TRAVEL STUDY COURSE
APRIL 4– 13, 2020
Professor Mike Pacelli, Ph.D., will be your group leader for our upcoming Ecuador: Andes & Amazon Adventure. Professor Pacelli has been teaching Biology at Cayuga Community College for more than 17 years and is passionate about the environment and animal life. Join him for an adventure-packed learning experience as we trek through the Amazon jungle and view incredible vistas up in the Andes Mountains.
The cost of the trip for students is $2,749.00 plus tuition/fees
OR 3 monthly payments of $899.67 after initial payment of $50.00
Adults (age 23 and over): $3,234
Price reflects savings of $100 scholarship. Sign up by November 20, 2019 and enter code Ecuador2020 in order to take advantage of this limited‐time offer!
- Round-trip airfare
- 8 overnight stays (12 with extension) in hotels with private bathrooms
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Full-time services of a professional tour director
- Guided sightseeing and city walks as per itinerary
- Visits to select attractions as per itinerary
- Tour Diary™
On arrival day only dinner is provided; on departure day, only breakfast is provided. Tour cost does not include airline-imposed baggage fees, or fees for any required passport or visa.
- Day 1 Hola Quito
- Meet your tour director and check into hotel
- Day 2 Quito landmarks
- Quito guided sightseeing tour: Independence Plaza, Government Palace, San Francisco Church visit, Mitad del Mundo visit
- Day 3 Quito-Tena
- Travel to the Upper Amazon Basin region via Papallacta
- Papallacta volcanic hot springs visit
- Cross over the Eastern Andes and descend into Tena
- Day 4 Amazon Basin landmarks
- School visit
- Amazon Animal Rescue Center visit
- Amazon jungle hike
- Indigenous Kichwa community visit
- Day 5 Whitewater rafting
- Napo River white water rafting guided excursion
- Day 6 Tena‐Baños
- Travel to the cloud forest town of Baños
- Balsa wood workshop and handicrafts demonstration
- El Pailon Del Diablo waterfall excursion
- Explore the Río Pastaza Canyon
- Day 7 Baños landmarks
- Church of the Virgin of Agua Santa visit
- Tungurahua Volcano hike
- Enjoy free time in Baños
- Day 8 Baños‐Quito
- Cotopaxi National Park visit: Cotopaxi Volcano, Limpiopungo Lake
- Travel back to Quito
- Day 9 End Tour
- La Mariscal artisanal craft market visit
- Fly home
- Day 10 Return home
HOW TO REGISTER
- Go to https://www.explorica.com/Pacelli-9445 and click “Sign up now”.
- Fill out the application information and Emergency Contact info on the CONTACT page. Click Next.
- Select your choice for the optional Travel Protection Plan on the INSURANCE page. Click Next.
- Review the optional excursions, rooming & travel plans on the CUSTOMIZATION page. Simply select any of the options you wish to have. Click Next.
- Choose a payment plan and method that is most convenient for you on the PAYMENT page. If applicable, click “I have a voucher code”, enter scholarship code in the provided box, and click Redeem. Click Next.
- Review all of your info and tick the boxes to confirm all of the legal info on the CONFIRMATION page. Click “Submit Application” to complete enrollment.
- Register for the 3-credit hour BIOL 213-461 Biology of Ecuador course (optional) by contacting Paul Richardson, Chair of Division of Natural and Health Sciences, Mathematics and Technology at RichardsonP@cayuga-cc.edu.
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLANS
MONTHLY AUTOMATED PLAN
- $50 Deposit (and optional travel protection) paid upon registration
- Billed automatically to your credit card or checking account
- Balance divided into equal monthly payments until 35 days prior to departure
FULL PAYMENT PLAN
- Pay in full at time of enrollment.
2-STEP MANUAL PLAN (NOT AUTOMATIC)
- $99 Deposit (and optional travel protection) paid upon registration
- Remainder balance due 60 days prior to departure. Please note that we do not automatically deduct payments on this plan; you must make each payment manually.
Official cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The parent or guardian of a participant may contact Explorica to inquire about cancellations.
If your account has an overpayment, Explorica will process your refund once all funds have cleared the bank. This usually takes about 2-3 weeks from the time the refund is posted. If your account has been cancelled, any refund due will be processed within 6 weeks of the date of cancellation. If you purchased Explorica’s Travel Protection Plan, you may submit a claim to Trip Mate.
Explorica issues refunds in the same method payments were made, unless paid directly from a checking account in which case a check will be issued. Please note that Explorica cannot refund credit cards that were not originally used for payments, or that exceed the total amount charged to that card. Please contact Explorica at 888.310.7121 with questions concerning your refund.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, Cayuga Community College provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations for qualified students with disabilities. Students or adults with special needs or physical disabilities may travel on an Explorica tour. Please let us know in advance of your departure and we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs. Please note: some bus companies and hotels overseas are not wheelchair accessible. We ask that you contact your Program Consultant or a Customer Care Representative with your specific needs. Read more about the Explorica Accessibility Policy.