VIEW JOB OPPORTUNITY
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Instructor, Multiple positions
The Department of Nursing Education invites applications for a part-time nursing faculty member who seeks to join a team of committed nurse educators focused on student success. A part-time clinical instructor teaches the clinical component of a nursing course. This 10 hour position requires 150 contact hours each semester.
1. Teaching Responsibilities
- Facilitate student learning within the nursing department’s mission, philosophy and conceptual framework
- Implement student-centered learning activities to achieve learning outcomes in clinical
- Evaluate student learning as evidenced by: Nursing care plans, Clinical paperwork,Clinical summative rotation evaluation conferences
- Select patient assignments for clinical experiences
- Facilitate pre and post conferences
- Communicate student progress to Course Coordinator
- Use Blackboard web-enhanced learning management system
- Maintain two office hours weekly for 10 hour position; three office hours weekly for 12 hour position
- Complete three hours weekly in the Nursing Lab to instruct/evaluate performance of lab skills (45 hours per semester)
2. Departmental Responsibilities
- Attend appropriate level meetings
- Attend nursing departmental meetings (1-2 each semester)
- Serve on nursing ad hoc meetings as desired
- Attend annual Professional Advancement Pinning Ceremony
3. Professional Responsibilities
- Maintain current clinical competency at clinical agency
- Maintain current CPR and health requirements
- Pursue continuing education in area of expertise
- Use evidence-based teaching practices
- Facilitate learning within the framework of the National League for Nursing Core Competencies of Nurse Educators
- Submit Nursing Adjunct Performance Appraisal May 15 one year after hired and bi-annually thereafter
- Current New York State RN license
- MSN required
- Current related clinical experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references using our online form.
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.