Skip to Main Content View Site Map
Michael Burnham's MMT 101-102 Machine Tools I WILL be having class this Monday, October 12, from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm as normal. Please enter the BOCES building from the back entrance.
Top of Page
Academic Standing

Academic Warning

If your grade point average is below 2.0 but above the probation limits listed in the following section, you are on academic warning and are not in good academic standing. This appears only on your grade report.


Academic Probation

You will be placed on academic probation and limited to a 12-15 credit load if the following criteria apply:

Total GPA Credits Cumulative Grade Point Average
12-15 At least 1.00 and less than 1.50
16-30 At least 1.50 and less than 1.70
31-45 At least 1.70 and less than 1.90
46 or more At least 1.90 and less than 2.00


Academic Dismissal

A cumulative average of 2.0 (C) is one of the requirements for the associate degree or certificate. Your progress toward this goal is reviewed when you have attempted 6 or more credits; subsequent reviews take place at the end of each succeeding grading period. If you are within the following grade-point criteria you will be dismissed from the College:

Total Actual or Equivalent GPA Credits Cumulative Grade Point Average
6-11 Less than .75
12-15 Less than 1.00
16-30 Less than 1.50
31-45 Less than 1.70
46 or more Less than 1.90

NOTE: The College maintains eligibility rules for members of athletic teams and holders of major offices in various clubs. You are classified as a second-year student if all entrance deficiencies have been removed, all freshman requirements have been passed, and at least 28 credits have been earned. You cannot enroll in a course unless all prerequisites have been satisfied.


Academic Reinstatement

If you have been academically dismissed from the College, you may file a written appeal for reinstatement with the Academic Standing Committee c/o the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. Reinstatement applications are available in the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement and the office of the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. Appeals should include any extenuating circumstances hindering your academic progress. If needed, you should contact counselors in the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement for further information or assistance. You will be notified by letter of the decision rendered by the committee.