BFR Registration Form
The rocket isn't built yet, so some of this information will change. But the sarcasm will remain.
Return to David's L3 Certification Page.
- Full Name:
- David Harbaugh
- Mr. SRC Prefect, Mr. SRC President, Jake, C Snot, LinuxAce
- Phone Number:
- (not gonna put this on the web)
- Email Address:
- dlhjake [[AT]] rochester.rr.com, dlh [[AT]] cayuga-cc.edu
- NAR/TRA Number:
- NAR 74389 / TRA 10286
- NAR/ TRA Level:
- 2 / 2
- Is this a certification flight:
- Lord Willing.
- Is this a certification flight attempt:
- What Level:
- Rocket Name:
- Grounds for Divorce (Yes, that's a joke ... at least I think my wife was joking).
- Rocket Size:
- 11.5 feet tall (give or take), 11.5 inches in diameter (that's set in stone ... well, plastic and phenolic).
- Rocket Weight, (unloaded), (loaded):
- unknown (I assume about 75 pounds unloaded).
- Shoe Size:
- 9 give or take 1/2 a size. Really depends on the cut of the shoe, and what's available. Slightly bigger is better than slightly smaller, but that's kinda obvious, so I probably don't need to say that.
- Motors Used:
- An AMW N2700-BB.
- Total Impulse:
- 11,450ns (2,575lb-s).
- Altitude expected:
- About 5200 feet.
- Sims Used:
- RockSim and wRASP
- Altimeters used:
- PerfectFlite miniAlt/WD and a MissileWorks RRC2-mini.
- Describe Recovery System:
- Tubular Nylon, Quick links, U-Bolts, a small drogue parachute, and a large main parachute.
- How Many Separate Parts Descending:
- I'm using a deployment bag like my idol, Rich Pitzeruse, so the nose cone will recover on its own chute. But then again, he's a Dumas, so perhaps I shouldn't. Wait ... am I a Dumas?
- Has this rocket flown in this configuration before?
- Nope. This will be the first flight.
- Are you a Momma's Boy, (or Girl)?
- Nope. And if you don't believe me, ask my mother.
Return to David's Home Page.
Return to Cayuga's Home Page.