WALK-THROUGH STEPS FOR SSO STUDENT
KEEP IN MIND: If a student has an email account set up, they are considered registered. If the student has an email account and is registered for a class, the student is considered Single Sign-On (SSO).
HOW A STUDENT LOGS INTO MYCAYUGA FOR THE FIRST TIME
SINGLE SIGN-ON STUDENT (registered for classes, has Cayuga email)
- Go to https://my.cayuga-cc.edu and click the Login to myCayuga button.
- Enter in Social Security Number and temporary password (found in “password” letter) and click the Login button to continue.
- The “Your Password Has Expired” screen will appear. You will need to re-enter their Social Security Number and click Submit to continue.
- At the next screen you will need to verify who you are by entering their birthdate and click Submit to continue.
- You will be shown their Cayuga Username. Have the student remember this – you will need it later. Then click the link provided to continue.
- At the “SSO Manager” screen, you will need to set up their security questions and answers. Click the link provided in Step 2 (you already have done Step 1).
- You may be prompted to re-enter their Cayuga Username and temporary password in a dialog box.
- At the “Setup Security Questions” screen, you should click the Next button to continue.
- For security reasons, the student will need to re-enter their temporary password. Click Next to continue.
- At the “Setup Security Questions” screen, you will need to answer all three security questions with an answer. Have the student remember the answers – you will be asked these questions in a later step. Click the Next button to continue.
- On the next screen it will indicate you are now registered with the SSO Manager and will need to click the provided link to take them back to the main screen.
- You now need to reset their password by doing Step 3 – “Reset Password.” The student will need to enter in their Cayuga Username in the text field provided and click the Next button.
- At the “Verify Your Identity” screen, you must answer the three security challenge questions (Step 10 above) and click the Next button to continue.
- At the “Password Reset” screen, you enter their new permanent password (twice). Click the Next button to continue.
- At the “Success” screen, the student should click the provided link to take them to the myCayuga login page.
- At the myCayuga login screen, you should now use their Cayuga Username and new password, and click the Login button to continue.
- You should now be logged into myCayuga.
- You can find their Cayuga Username, Email address and C-number by clicking the Personal Information tab, and then by clicking the My Credentials button.
- Have the student remember their Cayuga Username, Email address and their C-Number as indicated on the screen.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRwClCP3d0