- The Director of Assessment, a 12-month faculty position, plays an essential role in the College’s accreditation process. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the director works in partnership with the Division Chairs, faculty, service area directors and staff, the director of institutional research, and other planning leaders to support and promote the implementation of the College’s assessment activities. The Director will collaborate with academic and administrative units to enhance institutional learning assessment activities and promote a culture that values assessment of learning and continuous improvement; centralize reporting processes and tracking; report annually on learning outcomes assessment to the College;contribute to institutional strategic planning efforts; provide data for accreditation efforts; and perform other duties related to improving systematic and useful assessment of student learning for increased academic effectiveness. The Director provides guidance and support in the design of outcomes-based curriculum and the development and implementation of assessment strategies and techniques.
- In consultation with the Provost, Division Chairs, and Assessment Committee, determine the College’s approach to evaluation, assess the adequacy of current assessments and evidence, and develop needed assessment to meet accreditation and program approval standards.
- Serve as the College’s liaison to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Coordinate and support college-wide planning efforts for student learning outcomes assessment by ensuring the timely assessment of academic programs, including general education and administrative and student support areas.
- Provide leadership and support the work of the Assessment Committee in its role as an advisory group for the evaluation of learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Identifies, obtains, and interprets data required for effective assessment.
- Works with the Provost and Division Chairs to develop policies and procedures to foster a culture of assessment.
- Assist faculty in the design of course based assessment, including the development or selection of strategies, assessment instruments, data collection methodologies, and data analysis techniques appropriate for assessing student learning outcomes.
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate ongoing training for faculty on current pedagogies and curriculum design to enhance assessment as learning both on campus and online.
- Provides training and support for administrators and staff in conducting assessment activities and functional area reviews.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the College’s Annual Assessment Day with support and input from the Assessment Committee, as well as other assessment activities, including SUNY-related requirements.
- Prepares and manages program budget.
- Works with the College’s Executive Team to link assessment, planning, and budgeting.
- May teach or perform other special service work up to 40 percent of load as determined by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Serve on College committees as appropriate, and serve as a member of the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in research design, quantitative and qualitative methods, and benchmarking.
- Demonstrated competence using appropriate technology, such as software packages for data analysis.
- College level teaching experience.
- Competency in discipline offered at College.
- Informed commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education, educational research, curriculum design, or a related area.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in assessment and research as well as curriculum design.
Date to be filled:
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Email your resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
Cayuga Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.