William D. Ford Federal Direct Student Loan
Auburn - 315-255-1743 ext. 2470 • Fulton 315-592-4143 ext. 3004
• A completed additional loan application must be returned to the Financial Aid Office.
• A completed FAFSA must also be on file and all requirements met.
• A promissory note must be completed on line at http://studentloans.gov using your PIN
available at www.pin.ed.gov (this is the same PIN used for your FAFSA).
• First time borrowers at Cayuga must complete entrance counseling at http://studentloans.gov
using your PIN available at www.pin.ed.gov (this is the same PIN used for your FAFSA).
• Student must be registered in at least 6 credits at the time the loan is disbursed.
• Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
How much can I borrow?
First year students may be eligible to borrow up to a maximum of $3500 and students who have completed at least 28 credit hours may be eligible to borrow up to a maximum of $4500 per academic year. Dependent students may be eligible to borrow an additional $2000. Independent students may be eligible to borrow an additional $4000. The amount a student can borrow is also determined by the student's school costs, other financial aid the student may receive, and the student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
Amount of Additional Loan Request $____________________________________________________
This loan is for: Fall & Spring _______________ Spring Only _______________
Note: We do not process fall only loans.
If my bill at Cayuga is deferred by this loan, and I fail to meet all of the requirements for disbursement, I will owe Cayuga County Community College the amount deferred and I will be obligated to pay collection charges for any amount not paid when due.
Student Signature_______________________________________ Date___________________
Approved amount: _______________ Disapproved - reason: _____________________________
You are applying for a loan -- which must be repaid.