Skip to Main Content View Site Map
Top of Page
Financial Aid FAQ’s

Student Loans

If I have financial aid, how can I buy my books?

First, sign your tuition bill and submit it to the Business Office. If the amount of your financial aid exceeds your tuition and fees you will probably have a credit in the campus bookstore. Check your myCayuga account for the amount of your book deferral. You can use the deferral amount to buy books and supplies from the college bookstore.

Will there be money left for my personal expenses?

If your financial aid exceeds your tuition, fees, and bookstore charges, you'll get the excess for personal use. The amount of the refund will be based the number of credits for courses that:

  • You are currently attending (not courses that have been dropped or start later in the semester)
  • Are required for your degree

When will I get my financial aid for personal expenses?

Semester payouts begin approximately the 6th week of class.

Where can I find more information on my Exit Counseling?

Please visit the following website for more information: Once there, do a search for “exit counseling”.