Paying for College: Financial Aid Office
Your Financial Aid
- Your financial aid awards are based on your current registration status. Disbursements will be based on actual attendance in courses that are required for your degree.
- Eligibility for TAP and Pell will be determined based on the courses you are registered for at the end of the drop/add period that are required for your degree.
- After tuition, fees, bookstore costs, and other authorized charges are paid; any remaining financial aid will be disbursed to you, beginning approximately in the sixth week of classes. You will need to cover your own expenses for the first five weeks of school.
- For a student loan to be disbursed, you must be registered for and attending at least six credits of classes.
- Payments will be disbursed based on classes that you are attending that are required for your degree.
- Aid for late-start classes will be disbursed after those classes begin.
- The amount of a Pell disbursement will be based on the classes required for your degree that you are enrolled in and attending.
- For TAP to be disbursed, you must be registered for and attending at least 12 credits of classes.
- We recommend signing up for direct deposit. Otherwise, your award check will be mailed to you at the local address on file at the Registrar’s Office. Contact the Registrar’s Office if you need to correct your address.
- If you have been awarded more aid than you need for tuition, fees, and other College charges, the College will issue a book deferral for you at the College bookstore. You may use this to purchase your textbooks and supplies. You can check for your book deferral amount on your MyCayuga account.
- Financial aid will be disbursed and bookstore credits issued only if:
- You have accepted your charges on your MyCayuga account, even if you have enough aid to cover your bill. (Click on ‘Paying for College’).
- You are in compliance with applicable state regulations regarding meningitis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunizations. Details are available from the Nurse’s Office.
- You have provided the Admissions Office with a final high school transcript or a copy of your GED.
- You have completed your online Entrance Counseling and Promissory Note for any student loans you have accepted.
FAILURE TO ATTEND AND COMPLETE THE COURSES THAT YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR MAY
1 – RESULT IN REDUCTIONS IN FINANCIAL AID – EVEN AFTER MONEY HAS BEEN DISBURSED
2 – RESULT IN LOSS OF ELIGIBILITY FOR FUTURE FINANCIAL AID AWARDS.
Important Web Sites
To file for financial aid online or to check the status of your fafsa
To complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Mater Promissory Note
To identify the holder of your existing student loans
To apply for TAP online
To file with Selective Services online
To log on to MyCayuga account
To search for scholarships online
Financial aid awards will begin disbursing approximately six weeks after the start of the semester. This includes all student loans. Refunds will be paid based on the number of credits you are attending that have already begun and that apply to your degree. Financial aid awards beyond the amount of a student’s tuition and fees will give the student a bookstore deferral. The dates that bookstore deferrals will be available will be posted in the Financial Aid Office. Bookstore deferrals are also posted on the student’s MyCayuga account 24 hours after the tuition bill has been signed by the student and accepted by the Business Office and all other requirements have been met. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR SCHEDULE OR DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES, IT WILL AFFECT YOUR FINANCIAL AID.