The Auburn/Cayuga Community College Alumni Association initiated its first annual fund drive in 1991 to support its mission to serve alumni, the college community, and the community at large. Since then, interest in alumni participation has grown steadily and annual alumni support has allowed the association to sponsor and co-sponsor college and association programs and services.
The association is a 501(c)(7) not-for-profit organization and is governed by a member volunteer board of directors who serve three-year terms and meet monthly. As an alum you have the right to vote and hold office as a member on the board of directors. The association’s annual meeting is held each September, at which time new directors are elected.
Association funding comes from the College, the Cayuga County Community College Foundation, and from various activities sponsored by the association.
We encourage you to become a supporter of your alumni association. Your annual fund contribution defines your membership level:
- President’s Circle, Laureate — $25,000 and above
- President’s Circle, Benefactor — $10,000 to $24,999
- President’s Circle, Excelsior * — $5,000 to $9,999
- President’s Circle, Philanthropist — $2,500 to $4,999
- President’s Circle, Sovereign — $1,000 to $2,499
- Patron — $500 to $999
- Associate —$250 to $499
- Sustaining Member — $100 to $249
- Spartan —$50 to $99
- Cayugan — under $50
* Gifts of $5,000 and above include invitations to the President’s Excelsior Council, where you can meet with College leadership to learn about new initiatives at Cayuga Community College.
If your company has a matching gift program, your gift to the Annual Fund may be doubled or tripled with no further cost to you. Many employers also match contributions by retirees, directors, and employees' spouses. Ask your company’s personnel office for a matching gift form and send the completed form along with your gift in this envelope.