AUDIO PRODUCTION A.A.S.
MUSIC PRODUCTION OPTION
The Music Production Option is designed for recording students who have an interest or skills in music and wish to apply audio production techniques specifically to that field.
See also: Audio Production A.A.S.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Audio Production A.A.S. (Music Production Option) students will:
- Apply concepts of mixing, recording, splicing, dubbing and over-dubbing when producing audio programming
- Operate audio equipment found in the recording, radio, and television industries
- Record and edit audio material for the recording, radio, and television industries
- Produce audio programs for the recording, radio, and television industries
- Utilize audio equipment for sound reinforcement
- Utilize audio equipment on location
- Continue your education at a 4-year institution
Graduates may work in the music recording industry, for radio stations, and in television, motion picture, and video production as recording engineers, audio engineers, audio operators, board operators, sound technicians, or mixers.
Cayuga has articulation agreements for related programs offered by Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College and by SUNY College at Fredonia. For these and other transfer institutions, students should contact their advisors and/or a transfer counselor in the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement for more information. Early consultation to plan the most appropriate course sequence will optimize transferability.
|ENGL 101||Freshman English I||3|
|COMM 101||Intro to Mass Media||3|
|TELC 104||Audio / Video Prod. Techniques I||3|
|MUSI 101||Music Appreciation||3|
|ENGL 102||Freshman English II||3|
|COMM 201||Media and Society||3|
|MUSI 170||Music Prep. for Audio Professionals||3|
|COMM 207||Video Production I||4|
|TELC 230||Music/Multi-Track Recording||4|
|MUSI 111||Rock History||3|
|TELC 220||Advanced Audio Production||3|
|TELC 231||Advanced Recording Techniques||4|
|COMM 208||Video Production II||4|
|TELC 275||Internship in Radio and TV||3|
Telcom or Music Elective
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||64|