Cayuga offers two A.A. degrees as preparation for transfer to a four-year State University of New York institution to pursue a bachelor degree and teaching certification. These degrees are:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Adolescence Education
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Childhood Education
Please note that both programs include a required concentration and General Ed Requirements.
Why Cayuga for a degree in education?
Cayuga offers a great start toward your future, with small classes and caring, dedicated teachers. Plus, Cayuga offers these special advantages:
- Balance of general and teaching-related courses creates strong foundation for transfer into an upper-level program
- Required field experience applies theory to classroom practice
- Choice of concentrations for preparation in specific teaching disciplines
- Assistance with study skills and coursework through the Center for Academic Success
- Transfer planning assistance available through Cayuga's Student Engagement
If you plan to transfer to a State University of New York four-year degree program in Adolescence or Childhood Education, you should consult as early as possible with your advisor, the transfer counselor, or the Education program coordinator. This will help assure that you make the best course selection to fulfill all transfer requirements.
Please note: Since it is designed for transfer to a SUNY institution, this program may not be appropriate for students interested in transferring to a private college or university; students should consult with their chosen institution to plan the most appropriate course sequence.
Other programs of interest
Cayuga Community College offers several other programs as preparation for working with children in a variety of settings. Options available include:
- Teacher Assistant coursework
- CDA (Child Development Associate) coursework
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Early Childhood A.A.S.
- Early Childhood Concentration - Liberal Arts and Science/Humanities and Social Science — AA
- Education Brochure
- Early Childhood A.A.S. Degree Sheet
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Adolescence Education A.A. Degree Sheet
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Childhood Education A.A. Degree Sheet
- Liberal Arts and Science: Humanities and Social Science A.A. Degree Sheet
For information, please contact:
Patricia Gridley, Ph.D.
(315) 255-1743, extension 2478