INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL STUDY
Students depart the USA on January 4, 2018, and return January 16, 2018.
Each January during intersession, the College offers several intensive travel-study courses in London. Offerings may include courses in art, business, health care, history, media, philosophy, sociology, theatre, English literature and other disciplines. Students will visit renowned landmarks as they explore historic and current topics of interest. Lectures and cultural, educational and recreational tours round out each London program.
For more than 30 years, Cayuga Community College has provided travel-study opportunities to students, including our two-week trip to London. Renowned throughout the State University of New York system as having one of the best travel study programs, about 100 students participate in the London program each January, including students from public and private colleges and universities across the state.
Choose from a variety of academic program offerings that let you expand your worldviews, make friends from around the world, and gain skills that may enhance future employment opportunities. Visit well known London landmarks as you explore historic and current topics of interest. Lectures and cultural, educational and recreational tours round out each London program
The London program offers nine disciplines of study, each directed by an experienced faculty member who guides students through two weeks of memorable cultural experiences. Students expand their worldviews, make friends from around the world, and gain skills that may enhance future employment opportunities.
The cost of the trip is $3,349 plus tuition/fees *
For Theater students an additional charge may apply
- Round trip transportation, including motorcoach from Auburn or Rochester to the international departure point.
- Instruction, lectures, tours, excursions, sightseeing.
- Three college credits (with instructor’s approval, students may audit for no credit) – NYS resident tuition. Outside of NYS students pay an additional tuition fee.
- Comfortable double accommodations with private bath in a centrally located hotel (single rooms available at an additional cost).
- Full English breakfast daily.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Download and complete the London Trip 2018 Registration Form
- Review Payment Due Dates below
- Include a $1,000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, the registration form and mail to:
Cayuga Community College
Travel Study Program
ATTN: Linda D’Amato
197 Franklin Street
Auburn, NY 13021
Make check or money order payable to Cayuga Community College
PAYMENT DUE DATES
Students may pay for the program in full. If not paying in full, an initial deposit of $1,000 must accompany registration form.
- Deposit: $1,000 due upon submission of the registration form.
- Second Deposit: $2,000 by October 13, 2017
- Balance Due: by November 1, 2017
Out of state residents must pay double tuition*. Tuition is based on 2016 tuition rates and will possibly increase.
Students who do not meet payment deadlines may lose their spot to a student who has paid in full. You may pay in full at any time or provide proof of financial aid.
The College does not provide chaperones for travel study programs. Students must be 18 years of age to enroll in the course.
The first payment of $1,000 is a non-refundable deposit (cancellations costs). After September 29, 2017, the registrant is responsible for any portion of the total package not resold.
Students using financial aid to pay for the trip must submit proper documentation to the Travel Study Program office at Cayuga Community College. For more information about utilizing Financial Aid please contact Linda D’Amato at 315-294-8529 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, Cayuga Community College provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations for qualified students with disabilities. If you qualify as an individual with a disability, current documentation must be on file at least three months before departure date. Call 315-294-8422 for specifics as soon as possible. Aggressive walking and stair climbing are a part of this program.
Credit card payments can be made using myCayuga after the initial deposit has been sent along with your registration form. Keep in mind, when choosing to pay with a credit card, myCayuga will only allow “Full balance” payments to be made. Hence, if the portion you wish to pay via credit card is not equal to the remaining balance, you will first have to make a payment either by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to “Cayuga Community College”. Payments may be done either on the Auburn or Fulton campus. After the payment is made, the remaining balance you wish to pay via credit card will be accepted through your myCayuga account.
* Pricing subject to change if tuition (currently $561), hotel, or airfare rates increase, or if the exchange rate of the dollar warrants. Out-of-state registrants must pay an additional tuition charge which is double the current rate.