The Center for Academic Success provides a variety of services for students seeking help with math and math-related courses. Assistance is provided on an individual or small-group basis and includes:
- Individual Tutoring by the Mathematics Specialist
- Individual Tutoring by Trained Peer Tutors
- Study Groups Led by Peer Tutors
- Group Assistance at the Math Table
- Workshops Conducted by the Mathematics Specialist
- Math Resources and Links
Individual Tutoring by the Mathematics Specialist
Specialists are faculty who offer professional assistance in math and are available to work with you in individual sessions by appointment. Students can sign up for up to two half-hour sessions a week.
Group Assistance at the Math Table
Students can receive timely assistance in math at the Math Table. The Math Table will be staffed by a peer tutor or Math Specialist who can answer questions and provide assistance in math-related issues. Reference copies of textbooks and solution manuals for math courses are available.
Workshops Conducted by the Mathematics Specialist
Periodically, one-hour workshops on various topics associated with Cayuga math courses will be conducted by the Math Specialist. Comprehensive reviews may also be conducted at the end of each term.
Math Resources and Links
- Videotape series for various math courses
- Textbooks and solution manuals for all math and physics courses
- Computer-based tutorials for selected courses
- Professor Freedman's Math Help
- Ask Dr. Math
- Math World
- SOS Math